Accounts Payable Administrator
Sherwood Park, AB
AMAN Builders is an industry leader and one of Alberta`s quality construction companies that is built on a foundation of strong employee and client relationships. We have been recognized for demonstrating an outstanding commitment in leadership, our support for the global community and our green initiatives. Our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their careers, maintain a work – life balance, take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and to uphold our problem solving, family – oriented and team culture.
We are currently looking to add a hardworking, enthusiastic Accounts Payable Administrator to join our Team. The Accounts Payable Administrator will provide; financial, administrative and clerical support.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating invoice approval.
- Holding team accountable to regular deadlines.
- Coordinating, consolidating, verifying, and entering purchase orders.
- Processing monthly cheque runs for approved invoices.
- Ensuring invoices are paid within payment terms.
- Completing other projects as assigned by management.
- Supplying orders and coordinating deliveries.
- Completing other admin duties as required.
- Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Ensuring payroll for related companies is processed in a timely manner.
- Verifying employee expense reports.
- Completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- Making continuous improvements with the payment process.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 1-year related experience is required, preferably in the construction industry.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or related field is desirable.
- Previous experience with Procore and SAGE would be an asset.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional
- Energetic work attitude and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment is required.
- Very strong, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive relationships with staff and external partners.
- Highly resourceful with the ability to be extremely effective independently or in a team atmosphere.
- Exhibits a proactive approach to problem-solving with a strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to improvise and work in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, AMAN Builders can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values, Self-Motivation, Relationships, Challenge and Team.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.