Sherwood Park, AB
AMAN Builders is an industry leader and one of Alberta`s quality construction companies that is built on a foundation of strong employee and client relationships. We have been recognized for demonstrating an outstanding commitment in leadership, our support for the global community and our green initiatives. Our employees are encouraged to grow and develop their careers, maintain a work-life balance, take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and to uphold our problem solving, family-oriented and team culture.
We are currently looking to add a hardworking, enthusiastic Senior Estimator to our Team. The Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build and general tender work.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
- Preparing materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
- Preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Advising on proposal procedures to follow.
- Studying and analyzing proposals received.
- Recommending/rejecting proposals and negotiating contracts.
- Establishing unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Evaluating and recommending allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
- Presenting estimates and conducting review meetings with clients.
- Participating and coordinating company risk and opportunity evaluation with clients.
- Reviewing proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Preparing estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintaining files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures and price lists.
- Supporting other department personnel as required which may include preparing estimates for other disciplines.
- Reviewing design options and recommending best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Effectively determining the bid strategies required for the company to be successful.
- Assisting corporate and project management teams to determine what types of projects to bid on.
- Reviewing all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Participating in presentations to management and clients. May be responsible for “closing the sale”.
- Providing technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a cost estimation role is required.
- Commercial construction experience is preferred.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field would be considered an asset.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builts.
- Must possess the mathematical and analytical skills necessary to develop material estimates, labour estimate and interpret job costing reports.
- Ability to use cost-estimating software to prepare coat quotes and bids.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, motivate evaluate and improve others performance.
- Ability to build and foster positive, productive and long-lasting relationships with coworkers, clients, sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Results orientated with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Proven ability to take initiative and confirm the accuracy of information that is sent and received.
- Possess highly effective negotiation, diplomatic and conflict resolution skills.
- Superb facilitation of meetings, feedback sessions and briefing in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must have a proven ability to take initiative and be respectful of diversity.
In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, AMAN Builders can offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values; Self-Motivation, Relationships, Challenge and Team.
If you believe that you could thrive in our environment, and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for this position will be contacted directly.